Catch up! (Commissions/FADD)

 Late 2016 - January 2017

Over the past few months I've been enjoying drawing and painting. Most of these are commissions. They help to develop my skills, since I haven't done much study drawing/painting since 2013. I'm now looking to exercise my skills at drawing people, as I used to love it at University. 



At the beginning of December, I ran a small kids arts and craft morning at Dundee University Botanic Garden. The weather was perfect for exploring the garden to collect plant material (specifically autumn colours and winter textures) for our crafts. Also added some Christmas decoration for good measure!






A few months ago I was commissioned to paint a mural in a nursery which was so much fun! Will definitely find a good excuse for painting on this scale again. In particular with my doodle work/colours/plants etc...

Fun A Day Dundee 2017


Fun A Day Dundee has been brilliant so far. The goal of finding something fun/ enjoyable (and especially creative) to do every day makes January so much better. I'm thinking of setting a specific artistic goal for each month of the year (or close to it). News of the final exhibition to round up everyone's fun month will be announced shortly...


Left: Jo Barcas Buchan & Right: Jo Jo Helfer - Fun A Day Dundeee participants


 We've seen an increased interest this year, so I'm hoping to make the most out of the final exhibition by showcasing all the positive elements of FADD, and the collective energy from participants hard work and enthusiasm. You can check out Wordpress, Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram for more information on Fun A Day Dundee.


Comments

Popular Posts